HR Training & Webinars
Customized On-Demand and Live Training
Value Driven HR has over three decades of experience in the training arena. We offer on-demand training programs to meet the just-in-time needs of clients. This sample of programs are each 60 minutes in length followed by 15 minutes for questions. They can be delivered live or via webinar. Like everything we do at VDHR, the content of our training programs can be customized to meet the needs of the client and tailored to reach the appropriate audience.
Webinar: Workplace Harassment: What Will Your Leaders Do?
Thursday, October 3, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. CST
Webinar: Creating a Consistent Compliant & Respectful Termination Process
Thursday, December 5, 2019
9:00 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. CST
Sample Training Programs
Understanding Performance Management Tools
There’s a lot more to managing performance than defining job requirements and performing an annual performance review. In this webinar we will explore other performance management tools and the appropriate use for each.
- The function of job descriptions in performance management.
- Best practices for timing of job performance assessments in your company.
- The importance of the ongoing performance conversation.
- The difference between corrective action and individual development plans.
- How key performance indicators can be integral to assessing performance.
- Best practices and appropriate documentation of performance
- Establishing a performance appraisal system
- Common types of performance management tools
What’s in your Personnel Files?
What should be? What should not?
Employers must be thoughtful about what employee information is maintained in personnel records, where it is stored, how it is used, who has access to it and how long to keep it. The presenter covers general guidelines for maintaining the documentation in your organization’s employee records as well as what should never be placed in the general personnel file. Learn best practices for document creation, access and reproduction of employee file data.
- Learn what belongs in the general personnel (or employee) file, what other types of employee files you should have and what should never be placed in employee files.
- Best practices for personnel documentation, data collection and maintenance
- Know what is expected with regard to confidentiality of certain specific employee data.
- Understand the regulatory retention requirements for certain points of employee data.
- Discuss some best practices for record creation, maintenance and access.
- Other types of employee files and where to maintain them
- Access requirements and best practices.
Creating a Respectful Termination Process
Firing an employee is never a pleasant task but the exit management process can be pleasantly respectful, confidential, consistent and compliant if well-defined and communicated to your leaders. This program will present the critical and specific termination steps that can be integrated with your organization’s policies to establish consistent and repeatable termination processes across your organization.
- Who, when, where, what, why now…..considerations before terminating
- How to prepare your managers for a termination meeting
- How to ensure there is a consistent termination process
- What to communicate to co-workers and others after the termination
- What documentation should be created and retained before, during and after the termination meeting
Workplace Harassment. Know What Your Leaders Will Do.
Do you know what your managers would do if they face harassment behavior in their department or if they suspect this behavior of a colleague? Workplace harassment comes in many forms, sexual harassment, hostile work environment and retaliation just to name a few. This program will help you to ensure your leaders recognize signs of workplace harassment, know their responsibility and how to respond appropriately to an employee who raises a concern of this type.
- Types of Harassment
- The role of the front-line leader in identifying and addressing harassment behavior.
- Management’s responsibility - HR’s responsibility
- Investigation options
- What managers should say when a harassment allegation is made to them.
- What’s next if you get a formal employee complaint
Check Back Soon!
No announced webinars at the moment.